Tuesday 17 February 2015

What a difference a mail makes!

I've been sending out my book submission to agents this week, and was really surprised to get an e-mail back already from Kate McKean at the Howard Morhaim Literary Agency.
It was a no - she didn't feel the book was right for her, and that's fine.

The thing was, I was actually glad to get that mail. Sure I would have loved a "yes, I'd like to see more", but I hugely appreciate the fact that she actually took the time just to send those couple of lines.

So remember folks, if you're ever in the position where you get to decide on something - be it a job application, book submission or business proposal, take those few moments to hit reply and let the person at the other end know what the outcome is. Even if it's a no - you'll let them know that they're not just shouting into the void, and that can make a whole difference to their week - and to their next try.

No comments:

Post a Comment